Fellows of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (FASIPP)
The American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP) brings together eminent clinicians, educators, researchers and policy experts to work
together and fulfill its mission, “To promote the development and practice of safe, high quality, cost-effective interventional pain management techniques
for the diagnosis and treatment of pain and related disorders, and to ensure patient access to these interventions.”
The overall purpose of the distinguished ASIPP Fellowship (FASIPP) is to provide talented scholars in pain medicine with the opportunity to be
acknowledged and honored for their significant contribution(s) to ASIPP and the field of pain medicine.
Application Packet Requirements:
The Application Packet should include the following documents.
1. Updated CV (updated within 4 weeks of the application date)
2. Summation (includes: achievements in patient care, service; education and/or research. It is also important to include professionalism, leadership, advocacy/public political services, and charitable activities.
3. Three (3) Letters of Recommendation/Endorsement.
One letter must be from an ASIPP member not in practice with the nominee (a physician that is aware of the applicant’s character and work ethics). One letter must come from a working physician colleague in practice with the nominee (a physician of the same or higher rank/experience). One letter must come from another non-physician working colleague or patient that is familiar with the nominee’s work.
To be considered for a Fellow of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (FASIPP).
1. Unrestricted license in any state.
2. Board certification (primary specialty, pain board certification. ABIPP certification will receive precedence).
3. Service to ASIPP: Ten (10) years of ASIPP membership, by a member in good standing
4. Documentation of significant contribution in Pain Medicine with preference for Interventional Pain Management.
5. Scholarly Activities (Academic or Private Practice setting): Scientific Research and scholarly
6. Publications in peer reviewed journals.
7. Education: Teaching & Mentorship (including but not limited to daily teaching activities, invited lectures, workshop trainer, etc.)
8. Recognition by others: Recognition for contributions to national and or international organizations/societies other than ASIPP.
9. Patient Care: Excellence in Patient Care (evidence for introducing a new treatment that helps patients, patient satisfaction data, evidence for special referrals from others, or other evidence of excellence in patient care.
A complete Application Packet must be submitted electronically via online nomination system.
Fellowships will be awarded during the Annual Meeting each year (starting 2023).
November 15, 2022 | Call for nominations opens
January 15, 2023 | Nomination packets are due at 6:00pm ET
February 15, 2023 | Awardee(s) is/are notified
March 17, 2023 | Fellow is introduced to the Membership at the ASIPP Annual Meeting.
Inductee must be present at the ASIPP annual meeting to receive Fellowship.